NAMICA at Defexpo 2010 | Photo / Shiv Aroor
A significantly improved tracked Nag Missile Carrier (NAMICA) is up for user trials in July. The Army had asked for the following changes to be made to the NAMICA platform:
1. Reduction of all-up weight to 15 tons.
2. Improved reliability of missile launcher platform drive mechanisms.
3. Provision of higher-resolution target acquisition sight for the gunner.
4. Enhanced user-friendliness in acquisition of target through reduced offset between sight and missile seeker-acquired target scene image.
5. Improved amphibious performance.
6. Provision of a Target Surveillance and Acquisition Sight for the crew commander.
Labels: Armour And Artillery, Army, DRDO, EQUIPMENT TRIALS, EQUIPMENT UPGRADES, Indigenous Equipment, Missiles